Tuesday 8 December 2015

#Roadtogold - Week 2

2 weeks in and the hurting phase of recovery have become episodes of the past.
On a not-so-bright note, the discomfort phase has kicked in. 6 weeks spent wearing a cloth strap around one's armpits? Not fun.

I cursed my situation in the first two days last week for the distress I was in and also on missing out on all the riding I could've done.
On the third day, I switched on the telly and all my worries seemed trivial compared to the horrendous events that the citizens of Chennai have been facing.
All of a sudden, not being able to ride my bike seemed like a pin prick next to spending days without a proper roof or adequate nutrition!
On a brighter note, witnessing (on the telly) the collective coming together of people, caste and creed not mattering, to help each other was the highlight of my week!

Hang in the Chennai! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Cliché, but true.

With regards to my exams, the remaining theory subjects seem dwarfed compared to FEM and I've been tackling them with a clear and calm head, a bit too calm at times! I've got one theory paper and three practical exams (Pfft!) remaining.

I am also pretty excited to get back on the bike which I intend to do so on the 21st of this month. I will not be able to go out on the road for the first couple of weeks, but it beats not riding at all.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment