Friday 12 February 2016

In your face, Neil Armstrong!

I know today's not Thursday, but I was mentally drained out yesterday after spending over two and a half hours navigating through the mess that is Bangalore Traffic. I just googled "World's worst cities for traffic", and knocked down Istanbul 20 positions on my bucket list.

Nightmare! Nightmare!

Keeping up in context of my previous blogpost, let's rewind the calendar a couple of weeks in time and review the week before this week. Sounds a bit confusing, so bare with me here-

Saturday (30th January): 
If you haven;t been living under a rock, you probably would have heard by now that my teammate, Naveen John, has signed a professional contract, the first Indian to do so. I was pretty honored when he called me up to host a Q&A session to talk about the state of cycling in a sport in India. 5 seconds after the call, the introvert in me started browning my pants. But the opportunity to provide an insight into the sport in the country to those not involved got me excited and in the end, the session went really well.
You can check out the recording of the session here - http://youtu.be/JAi1bEJHJ7o

Sunday (31st January):
To get used to the Time-Trial, I did a 5 hour ride on the TT rig and found one of the most scenic routes around Bangalore (Bangalore-Kunigal-Magadi-Ramanagar-Bidadi-Bangalore). Unfortunately, the last 25 kilometres were dust ridden and I suffered from a bad case of dust allergies following this ride.
Note to self: Avoid riding on Mysore road at all costs. Unless there's a race named "Mysore-Bangalore". 

Monday (1st February):
To relieve the muscle tension following yesterday's ride,I signed up for a deep tissue massage session. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate the pain level of the massage session as 9! 10 being breaking a collarbone(s). 


Tuesday (2nd February):
My dust allergies had increased exponentially overnight, so I skipped today's training ride and treated myself to a season of How I met your mother.
Note to self: Never do that again.
I did however decide to head to my internship that afternoon. Did I tell you me internship is kick-ass? My internship is kick-ass!

Wednesday(3rd February):
My lungs were burning when I woke up. I then headed out for a hill reps session. 
My lungs hurt a bit, but I needed to squeeze in my as much training as possible into my legs leading into the nationals. In hindsight it might not have been the best decision, but only time will tell.


Thursday & Friday (4th & 5th February):
I took days off from my internship, but did manage to get in a couple of rides. 
At around the same time, I stumbled upon the eBook "The Martian". Mark Watney is now officially my all time favourite fictional character.
The movie does no justice to the story. Check out the book!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment